Monday, July 14, 2014

The Mayor

Well if you listened to the radio show last we you all know that I was out of town this last at a camp with my daughter. That is why there was no action here or on the radio show last week, if you have not yet checked out the radio please do so at www.blogtalkradio.com/duluthpolitics2

Now on to the post, Mayor Don Ness made an interesting post on his face book about a week and a half go now, basically saying he MAY NOT run for re-election.  That said it is still unclear as to what his plans are he may still run, we are a ways out yet till that final decision needs to made.  Mayor Ness has been a very popular mayor in the city.  Many have said he would be very hard to replace.  Well I may not agree all the time with the Mayor he has done some good things for the city, he also has done some questionable things as well.  As I said before his legacy seems to be a mayor who relies on fees on thinks that should be paid for out of taxes.  He however has been very good with tourism and redeveloping some areas of town many of them are  still in works.

Mayor Ness has said he is getting tired of the lies being told about many issues and other issues he is burned out.  Yet he said he has some projects he would like to see develop.  Now I believe at least at this point that Mayor Ness will not run but again this may change.  If he does not run however it will open the flood gates of people that will run for mayor.  I have heard many names some of which I can't say others I can and will toss out there.  I have real reason to believe that Mayor Ness won't run again because some of the names I have heard are his own cabinet people.

Some names I will toss out there right now are Chris Dalhberg, Jim Stauber, Becky Hall ( if she does not win the 7A seat).  A number of city councilors names have been tossed around as well Jennifer Julsrud, Emily Larson, Linda Krug, Sharla Gardner.Some people have expeced interest also but at this time I can't and won't tell you who.  Plus I am sure the list will grow as time passes. 

Look at the list there are already 7 names plus at least four I know of that may also toss there names in.  All of these people would be well qualified to be mayor regardless of what you think of there politics.  There are two I would personally not want to see but hey so be it.  Others I would like to see are many, but a couple of names to toss and talk about Howie Hanson and Jay Fosle both current councilors, what about Todd Fedora? 

It will be interesting over the next few month to see what develops, and I will follow here for you too.

This next election will have huge impact on what dirction our city goes as a possible new mayor also six council seats will be up along with a couple of school board seats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment