Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Food not bombs.

Well Monday afternoon I was at the library killing time tell the city council meeting and saw a poster on the board that said food not bombs. It caught my eye and I though what would this be about?  Well what the poster said, was come an get free food out side city hall that night from 5:30 to 7.  I did not see who was behind the event but thought, hey it sound interesting.  I will go up there and troll around.

I got up there about 5:45 I walked by looking and saw about 15 kids, as the event went on I would there about another 15 or so people came.  They had food everyone was eating, but the interesting thing is there was no sign(s), no one speakers or such.  What heard was no talk about war or stopping it or anything just a lot of every day conversation and laughing.    Of those 30 or so people most of them where young, I would say in high school or just out of high school only 3 or so people older meaning 30-50.

I guess my question is what was the point of this event?  It accomplished nothing, No one knew what was going on, I had a number of people trying to get in to the council ask me what it was.  With out sign's or even talking about an issue what good did you do?

I agree war should not be our primary response. Hey I must say if your point of the event was to block the stairs of city hall so people could not get in you did a great job.  Maybe the sign I saw at the library should have said we will hand food not a bomb, which is a good thing cause I would not want you blowing up your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment