Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Open letter to Jennifer Julsrud.

This is an open letter to Duluth City Councilor Jennifer Julsrud.  Well I was going to email her my thoughts, I think it is also important to make it aware to the public her comments at the last city council meeting.  I was taken back by them.

Councilor Julsrud,

I was a bit shocked at the comments you made at the end of the 4-28-14 council meeting, so much so that it has taken to long for me to be able to write you in a some what respectful way.

You said about the street fee issue.  I am excited to bring this to the council level and see what there thoughts are.  For those citizens we have heard you, I ask that relax a bit.  Later you said me and the councilors will figure out a solution.  Please note these are not direct quotes but they are close.

What happened to civility?  The council is suppose to be all about.  I guess it is okay for you to say to the Duluth citizens just relax, translation go away and shut up.  We will take this issue, I (Julsrud) don't care what you have to say.

Must I point out that you and the other councilors where elected by us the citizens, I think you should listen to what we ask of you.  It is clear by your comments that you are not willing to listen. You want what you want.  The arrogance of you comments can not go un-noticed.  Councilor I will never go I will never shut up, nor should any Duluth citizens and for a council to make that type of a comment is sad.

By implying you don't want citizen involvement ( unless they agree with you. Then it okay for them to say something.)  you have done a huge dis-service for the people of the 1st district and all of Duluth

Thanks

John Rathe

Duluth Mn

No comments:

Post a Comment