Thursday, August 7, 2014

Food food and more food.

Duluth has seen a development of new food chains come in to our area over the last year or so.  It started earlier then that with noodles and company but they seem to have got the ball rolling.

A food explosion has hit Duluth, with a variety of new business  opening there restaurants here. Funny thing is I have not been to any of them yet so I am going by what people have said, but you can rest  a sured I will be hitting them up.  

Let me start with a new place for downtown Duluth, it is there second restaurant to open, and the only one of the "new" places I have tried.  Farley's, I have to say with all the good things I heard about it from people it was not my cup of tea.  My burger was burned to a crisp the service sucked and it was not busy, the fries where over done.  So for me I will never go back.  I have to say however people still say good things about in at the office I work at and seem to like it.  So all I can say is you try it and make up your own mind.

Parnera bread I must say I really really want to try this, I have never been to one but I will make my way up there soon.  I have heard nothing but good things.  I have heard there bread bowl soups are fab.   and many people have raved about there sandwiches.  Plus it is all fresh bread and goods can't get any better then that.

Chipotle mexican, all I can say is I love mexican so I am sure I will love this place.  Have heard nothing but great things and you can't get in the place I have heard.  The burritos are as big as fist and taste great I understand.  

The other place I need to mention is a place I just say on facebook called food service.  A young man is making fresh sandwiches, salads and sides and making lunch boxes for delivery. This is a neat idea he says the lunch box cost ten dollars or so a person and for delivery there is a minimum order of 5 and he can delivery 30 miles away starting in downtown Duluth.  Check out his menu at www.foodserviceduluth.com.   The shop is located in side the encounter building at there kitchen.  I don't know if you can just go in and order a sandwich or not.  I have to get a hold of the owner and ask.


Now let me say this as far as jobs I think it is great for people starting in the work forces to get jobs at the above places or such areas, however Duluth needs more mid level paying jobs.  There it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment