Monday, May 12, 2014

Tonights council meeting.

Well I stated in my last blog that the meeting may not be very exciting tonight as I did not have my agenda copy with me at the time.  Well I am not sure it will be an exciting meeting are they ever? It could be a long a meeting depending on speakers and council comment.

One thing that always bothers me on some resolutions councilors feel the need to comment the same thing over and over again, for example each councilor or a large number of them feel the need to say they support a resolution and why even when there where no speakers on the issue and such.  We get it you support why not just vote on it, instead of killing 15 minutes on it like a dead horse.

Now on to tonight's meeting.  The big issue will be the park point issue.  I still think that will be tabled and if there is the council thinking I hope they let the residence know this so there are not a bunch of speakers on the issue tonight.  That said I would encourage some to speak and let the council know why you don't like the project. Now if the council does not want to table it and takes a vote tonight I also hope they let the people know this as well because then more speakers should sign up.

Well the issue does not directly impact me, it is one that could if you go down to the park point area in the summer.  Like many of us do on our few nice days here in Duluth LOL.  I love park point it is a nice place to have a picnic and enjoy the water and relax.

I don't like the current plan, because of the little bit I have read on the issue.  It seems like it could put residence of park point in some issues where people may interfere with there property never a good idea.  The road mess with this also sounds much like the project done up in the miller hill mall a few years ago and it is a mess that many will get confused about.

The other issue is the kozy and other building that could be redeveloped.  I have one thing to say about the Kozy knock in down.  Don't spend any money on it oh wait the city already has.  So not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment