Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Well I was relaxed... that did last long!!!!!

Well this weekend was great, I was able to get away Friday to Tuesday and Tuesday night went to the Duluth Huskies home opener and not the Duluth City Council meeting I will get in to why in a bit.

It was so relaxing to not have a phone or anything like that and just relax and spent time with family and God out in the great north woods for a few days.  Got some fishing in and caught a lot of fish, alot of sun and fun.

I thought man I am so relaxed now I would get up tight for a while, well that is not the case it the relaxation does not even last a whole day after returning home.  Why well I chose not to go the Duluth city council meeting because I was told by some councilors that the street fee issue would not be brought up at this meeting.  So I thought nice I will take just one meeting off here over the last few month I have been to them all and go the Duluth Huskies home opener as I have not missed an opening game at the wade for the huskies.

Well I listen to Brad Bennett's show Wednesday and he is talking about the street fee issue and the council talked about it at the meeting.  What they want is a $5.00 fee for street improvement and there is also an ordinance that goes along with  it.  I will do some checking and see what the whole plan is but the point is some councilors told me this would not be on the agenda.  It is clear we can't trust our elected offcials.  What happend to the day that we could heck that we could trust anything anyone told us?

The resolution deals with the fee of $5.00 a month and that would be greater for business owners, what about non-profits? what is there fee doe they pay it at all?   The fee would be added to your water and gas bill to help pay for streets.

Councilor Fosle has an amendment calling for an end to the street fee sooner then it was to end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment